Friday, August 1, 2008

I guess she could go topless!

Finished the Isty, bitsy, teeny weeny, made my hands hurt bikini last night. Well, just the bottom.  So, I said to daughter, "We will have to find a nude beach".  To which she replied with disgust, "Oh mother, that's just gross!"  

I have till Sunday to finish the top. We will be sunning our buns Sunday afternoon in Nags Head.  We are driving. If I put my mind to it, it is a possibility.  The killer is, you have to cast on 300 stitches on a size one needle!!!! I did bump up the needle to a three.  The yarn is a variegated yarn that has elastic in it. So cool. You have to watch your tension, it can go from Light worsted to a finger weight, just by the way you hold it. 

The yarn came from "Knit One" and is called Cascade Fixation. The label says it has  62-186 yards on it, depending on how you use it. It took 1 ball to make the bottom. I have three left. Over estimated I guess.  So, you too, can make one, just give me your address and I will send you my two left over. I need one for the top.

Getting back to the trip...What to take....Last year I did nothing but socks. This year, I think the same. They take up minimal room and are great on trips, waiting in lines, sunning your self by 
 the pool or at the beach.  I am going to scout out some yarn shops. There was one, 16 years ago. Hopefully that number has grown.

I asked the animals how they felt about the family leaving? This is what I got......
They don't care, cause favorite boyfriend is house and pet sitting... Lucky animals.
Well my peeps.....There's knittin to do. 
Oh yea, I gotta pack.

No comments: