Saturday, July 5, 2014

Am I an ADHD crafter?

 I Love knitting, but I also love all types of crafts. I read that a creative mind is like having 2,000,879,999 tabs open all at once on your computer. SO true! I go from project to project, different mediums of course. 
So A year and some months later, here I am. 
First is the Hunger Games. My daughters favorite movie this past winter. This is my version of Catness' vest she wore in many scenes.  She went out and bought the perfect jacket to wear under it. 



Then I go to metal work.  A young girl is dying in our community. She needs a transplant and some other issues addressed. The family is dear to my heart. So to help out with tiny things: gas, parking fees, lunch, or what ever, I made these Lifesaver, necklace and bracelets with her name and favorite sayings on them, and sold them at a local craft co op shop and gave all the profit to them. Lots of work, but from the heart. 

Then, you need to have some fun! These dollar store heads became, my fun and funky "pin cushions"! Which became quite the topic at my desk Monday morning after I made them. I cut their original hair off, and put a styro foam ball wrapped with fun yarn in its place. 
Middle schooler's love this kind of goofiness and ate them up! Laughing and poking them, Asking if they could have one. Just a fun time!



Bridal was next. Flower girl dress 1. The other was ivory to match the bride. This bride wanted black. It was a halloween wedding. Still waiting to get paid!!! Its only been 7 months. 
Anyway.....
The other bride was spring. Lots of pretty colors. I made her flowers, bridesmaid flowers and flower girl dress, as well as her garter. That was fun.



Another King size Quilt done for my bed.
 
Found this old quilt I started maybe 10 years ago. Finished that puppy up! Little Christmas throw. It came out so cute.

Made this fun baby quilt for a good friend. She LOVES crabs, and this had her name all over it! 

This is a tea bag holder I picked up on my "shop hop", a few weeks ago, along with the needle work boat. Both are super fun. The needlework is part of a 12 month, block quilt that I 
am making for my husband. Its called "Into the Woods"

This is just a few of my projects. As I type I should be working on my nephews wedding quilt. BUT for some reason I HATE IT!!! It is extremely time consuming and a lot of color! We will see how it turns out in the end. I let the couple pick the quilt and fabric. BIG MISTAKE! Next time I will pick the 3 choices I like and let them pick from those and then just ask what colors they want! Non quilters have no idea about color. 
Now that I have caught you up, just a little, I must get back to this quilt. Oh, let me give you a little peek of it. There are several rows that have been done since this shot.

Time to get back to this monster. 
Keep knitting, crafting, sewing, quilting, metal working, AHHHH you get the idea!!!
Peace out peeps!

No comments: