Monday, October 6, 2008

kidney stones!!

So, I write the post last night before I went to bed. I WAS FINE! At 2 o'clock in the morning I woke up with some pain, figured I had to go to the bathroom. Not so. The pain just kept getting worse and worse. I popped an ibuprofen and went back to bed. For about two minutes! By four in the morning I was doubled over in pain and throwing up. The pain in my left side was the worse pain ( including childbirth) I have ever had!
So off to the hospital again. I sat, stood, walked and waited with incredible pain for the doctor. Who promptly came in 2 hours later! Only to order the best drugs in the world!  Went for a CAT scan and xrays. And there it was a spiky, ugly mean 4mm stone! We came home and went to bed. I woke up and passed the lovely picture you see. Pure evil. Thank God its over! Hope NO one ever has to experience that!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh....I feel for you! Your story sounds almost exactly like what I experienced in Dec., 2006 only the times are different and mine took a little longer to pass. I agree...the worst pain and best drugs!
Michelle