Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sunday LOVE

 I love Sunday. A day to do whatever you want.  


Its been awhile since my last post. Christmas was wonderful. As was new years!


And now here it is Spring!
I finally learned how to use the huge quilting machine at my local quilt shop and finished my daughter's quilt!
I had made it for her for graduating high school....5 years ago!
It's a t-shirt quilt of all her favorite t's growing up. 
I could never get anyone to quilt it for me, due to the fact there were rhinestones on many of the shirts. 
Thank goodness for the quilt shop and a great owner, who allowed me to use their machine. She said, JUST don't hit the stones!" It was that easy. DAH!



I also have also joined a block of the month. I love it. Its a new site I recently came upon. http://www.craftsy.com/  They offered this class FREE, and each month we make 2 blocks. I love it. Taking a class in my own sewing room is so much fun! Who knew! The teacher is great and repeats the same thing as many times as you need it!!! Just hit the back button and she will show you again and again and again AND never gets mad AND shows it the exact same way!!! LOL 







And Finally. I went to the cupboard to get some pillow cases, and could not find 2  for our bed. SO off to JoAnn fabrics and about 3 hours (travel time, lunch and whatever else) later, I had 4 new sets for my bed, 3 for my son, 3 for my daughter and even got one in for my son's girlfriend! I love making pillow cases. SO fast and easy.


As far as my knitting.....Working on a KAL. Caramel is really cute, but really boring.  Should have the body done today. Hope to start the sleeves this evening. I want to start something new! 
I did make several scarves, and a few hats in between. Need to take pictures.
Its April fools, so watch out. 



No comments: