Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Woop, there it is!!!

Oh yes, it came today! My winning prize!
I walked in from school, and WOOP there it was!!! It took me twenty minutes to find the camera. It was right where I left it. But I was to excited to see it. Didn't want to open the box, till I took a picture.

Here it is, right before I ripped it out of the box. The colors looked so beautiful.
I just hope I have 11 needles in wood! I will not work this beautiful yarn on anything less.Will check the needle case as soon as I am finished If not, I will be at Bloomin first thing after work.


WOW, I mean WOW, this is soooooo pretty! The mohair is beautiful!
It comes with 6 different patterns you can make. Way, way to many choices! BUT, have no fear, I chose a pattern. I am going to do "Knitted Scallops".


And it could not have come at a better time. Hubby goes into the hospital Friday, for hopefully his final surgery. It will be a 1-2 hour procedure. Which will give me plenty of time to work on the afghan. I am much calmer about this surgery. It is just to put him back together. And the risk is very small this time. So I can pray and knit, calmly. He can't wait to get it done and over with, and I can't wait to be a normal family again.
This scary time has made some positive impact on our family. We are more loving towards each other, more patient. We spend more time together as a family and truly enjoy being with each other. The kids are calmer and not so scared. Even though they are old enough to understand they are still children, and they were afraid of losing their dad. I found being honest with them about this from the beginning was the best way. They weren't afraid to ask questions. And they were aware of everything going on at all times.
Ok, enough of that.... Let me go look for those 11 needles!!!

Happy knitting everyone who reads this, God Bless you and your hands!
Larry had to check out the box too! I couldn't click the camera fast enough to get him smelling all the yarn. Just like his owner, loves to smell the yarn!
Till next time, I still Need to knit!